The Sto. Rosario Parish Church

Chemist Board Exam Blog Series Part 1

The Sto. Rosario Parish Church

Passing the Chemist Licensure Examination was a farfetched idea for me. My scores in review classes are low and my friends were doing better. As I compared myself with my classmates, I have found out that they have a specific time table to study every subject. Some even stay late at night and others study up to five in the morning.

I lost meaning in my studies. My passion for science was depleted when I did nothing but study in college. I didn’t have time to go to the movies or go on a vacation. All I did was to get lost in my Chemistry books even on weekends. So when graduation came, I felt like a monkey who just escaped from the zoo. Hoo hoo hoo haa haa haa!

All I did was to go to the mall, chat, play more games, and drink coffee and eat cakes at Starbucks®! Even if I know that I need to study for the exam, I just couldn’t bring myself to do it.

It is hard to do something that you don’t have interest in.

But all that has changed…

It was around late July when I found out that the jeepney that I was usually riding took on a new route to make way for the Colon Street Bazaar. It was a big hassle for me. That new route didn’t pass by the bus terminal so I have to walk four blocks before I could ride it.

However, after just 3 blocks, my body would surrender from walking and the scorching heat of the sun would further drain me down. See, I went to school during noon time when the sun is at its peak.

But the Lord said, “Come to me all of you who are tired and I will give you rest.”

Hmmm… Didn’t He perfectly put Sto. Rosario Church at the third block?

Sto. Rosario Church has a beautiful Adoration Chapel inside. There were lots of flowers with the Tabernacle at the center. But what I like most about the room is the fact that IT IS AIR-CONDITIONED. Hahahaha!

So, it was a perfect place for me to rest for a while and regain my energy. Not only that, the chapel’s peaceful atmosphere would lead me to prayer. I was relaxing my body and rejuvenating my soul at the same time.

Visiting Sto. Rosario Church gradually became a routine. And in the Adoration Chapel, I always pray before the Tabernacle that I would pass the Board Exam, even if it required a miracle.

Comments

Popular Posts