The Perfect Arch

Two months ago, I attended the BDJ Rendevous: I Dream therefore I Can event. It was a day filled with self-motivation lessons and fun activities organized by Belle de Jour Power Planner. There were lots of prizes courtesy of sponsors. The last activity was about sharing your learnings from any of the talks, and only the first fifteen girls who could make it to the front would win. I was one of those lucky fifteen girls. (^_^). And from it, I won a Browhaus Gift Certificate of one Brow Construction service worth PhP 580! Yay!
Last Saturday, I decided that it was time for me to redeem this privilege. Instead of joining the long queues for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, I went to Greenbelt 5 and searched for Browhaus. The first weekend of any blockbuster movie is said to bring people to the cinemas and abandon everything else. It was different with me, however, I skipped the cinema for some well-deserved pampering.

The concierge instructed me to go to the fourth floor, where Browhaus was located. However, I got lost along the way. Greenbelt is a labyrinth of a shopping mall. Thankfully, I found the lone escalator leading to the fourth floor. But when I got there, all I saw was a blank white space. I mean, there were no stores, and only restrooms were seen at the left side. I asked the restroom janitor about Browhaus and he happily led me to a narrow pathway, which opened up to a spot full of skin clinics. Finally, I made it to the Browhaus boutique! :)

The place was warm and cozy. It reminded me of the inside of a submarine. Doors painted with green had a ship’s steering wheel on it. Floor was carpeted, walls were beautifully painted, and the interior design was shaped avant garde in circles and other geometrical shapes. The staff was friendly and accommodating. It was a gorgeous place offering top-of-the-line services!

The receptionist gave me a warm smile when I handed her the GC. After about five minutes of waiting, I was immediately called for a session. Woah! Now that is fast service! I was accommodated by a Browhaus therapist named Venus, who was more than happy to serve. Venus was the one who started the conversation, a gesture that I highly appreciate. :) She led me to one of the submarine-like doors, which turned out to be private rooms.

Venus looked at the state of my eyebrows with a very keen eye for details. Along with it, she asked basic questions like who shapes my eyebrows and what type of method was used. After that, she let me lie comfortably on a special chair (looked similar to what dentists use) and began putting liquid solution to my eyebrows.

The method that Venus used was Threading. It is called such because a thread is literally used to remove hair. Venus told me beforehand that it entailed tolerable pain. Fortunately, her hands were gentle enough that I felt lesser pain compared to what I expected. The whole process took about ten minutes or so. At the end of the threading process, Venus handed me a mirror and I like what I saw! There were two perfect arches framing the windows of my soul! (^_^) Venus then put cold gel to my eyebrows to relax the muscles and the pain immediately disappeared. She also told me that threading is recommended every three to four weeks to maintain the shape. That concluded the eyebrow construction session. My therapist did an excellent job!

I will never forget what Venus’ compliment before I left the clinic. She said, “Ang ganda ng kilay mo!” (Your eyebrows are beautiful!) (^_^) Here is a closeup photo of my newly shaped right brow. See the perfection that Venus did. It is arched just right and it is not overdone.

Before I left Browhaus, the receptionist gave me a business card and told me that I am welcome to go back. I also have the option to choose the same therapist. With the speed of service, cozy place, and friendly people, for sure I will be back.

:)

Comments

Popular Posts