The Best of Anime 2011 Coverage

The Best of Anime 2011 was one of the best otaku events I have attended. Part of my admiration for that is the venue, which was located in SMX Convention Center. The place was spacious! Thank God I was able to walk and breathe properly all throughout the day, as opposed to other anime events I have been. Truth is, it was my first time to attend a cosplay event in SMX. I now love that place! This 2-day event was conducted on September 17-18, 2011. I only attended Day One.

One outstanding feature was the various booths. There were educational booths, like The Japan Foundation and stalls from other Graphic Design schools. They were complemented by casual booths of Picstacular (free photo booth- yay!), Animarriage, and Gunpla. The food booth was Sam’s Maid CafĂ©. Of course, merchandisers were also part of this big event. 

The Picstacular Photo Booth and the Gunpla Booth were the only ones that I participated in. Well, I love photobooths and I collect them. As for Gundams, setting them up has become one of my newly discovered hobbies. So I joined another round of Gundam Assembling and Detailing contest in The Best of Anime 2011. We were given a new kit to set up Gundam Kyrios. Read more of my new Gundam here.

Now let’s get to the best part –COSPLAY! We never run out of creativity when it comes to this. The costumes were very well made. I admire most the mecha cosplayers whose costumes were larger than life (see photo of Zoids cosplayer below)! I have observed how tedious it was to put those costumes on. These cosplayers really have the passion to sacrifice comfort just to be inside those armors.

The biggest costume I have seen so far: Zoids mecha. The costumer was so tall and large that the cosplayer didn’t need to go up the stage for a showcase!

Here are my photos of other cosplayers from the event. All of them are artistic, as seen on their costumes.









as Hikaru from Magic Knight RayEarth
as Chun Li from Streetfighter







as Hatsune Miku from Vocaloid


as Zuko and Toph from Avatar The Last Airbender
as Kaoru from Rurouni Kenshin



Rurouni Kenshin group cosplay


as Mello and L from Death Note

as Poison Ivy from Batman
as Bumblebee from Transformers






as Hatsune Miku from Vocaloid

as WarMachine from Iron Man
 My favorite cosplayer of the day is this cute baby girl as Lara Croft. Awww… She was so happy and shy when photographers gathered around her.
  
Wow! This was one big event! It truly deserves its name as The Best of Anime.

Comments

Popular Posts