Cosplay Mania 2011

I only attended the first day of Cosplay Mania 2011 which was held in SMX Convention Center. Even though the weather was bad, I still decided to go for it. Hey! It was a big cosplay event and I didn't want to miss it! 
The ticket
The whole place was packed when I got there. The event occupied three halls of the convention center. The first hall was used for ticketing, the second was the function hall where booths and merchandisers were (this is the most congested part of the place T_T), and finally, the third hall was used as the main stage for the cosplay event. 


Of course, I again looked for the Gundam Mobile Kits Caravan to have my share of Gundam thrills. I am most happy when I'm setting up these cute mechas. They're like my trophies. This time, we were given Gundam Astray 1/144 scale.
It took me two hours to finish it. After that, I strolled the whole place and took photos of the cosplayers. Here they are:












X-Men First Class group cosplay

Brings back memories! :) Dragon Ball Z group cosplay :)









as Mirai Suenaga of www.DannyChoo.com




as Super Mario

as Optimus Prime from Transformers

as Ben Tennyson from Ben 10 Alien Force. <3 

as Iron Man 

as Tinker Bell. She's very cute!


Schindlex as Lara Corft

as Red Angry Bird. :)


as Sakura Kinomoto from Card Captor Sakura




These guys were playing the violin FOR REAL! :)




as Captain America! :)

as L from Death Note

Slytherin and Hufflepuff robe cosplay from the  Harry Potter series

as Gundam


as Naruto from Naruto 


Superman! :D

as a character from Rohan. She won the Best Video Game Cosplay. Congrats!




Superman and Clark Kent
On a side note, I can't help but share my most loved spot in the event. Tadah! It is this Hello Kitty booth. I love it! I love Hello Kitty!


Back to cosplay... My favorite cosplayer of the day is Jillian Ongsip as a Pokemon trainer. She carried it well with that Pikachu. Pikkkaaaachuuuuuu! :D
Jillian then gave me a cute business card after I took a photo of her. Because of it, I knew her name. :) She looks cute in the card too. :)


International Cosplayers also graced the event. They were the judges for the Project Cosplay Contest:

Jan Pesino Illenberger


Pinky Lu Xun from Indonesia
And yes! My most unforgettable performance of the day! Billy Gaga on stage performing the hits Beat It and Black and White by Michael Jackson. Hey! The lead singer was cosplaying MJ! His voice was even similar to his. As they all said, it was as if MJ came back to life! 



I wasn't able to attend the second day of Cosplay Mania 2011. It would have been fun to watch the final leg of Cosplay Tournament of Champions. But on the positive side, I did watch the Manila leg last time. There were lots of cosplayers too. To read about it, just click here.


Cosplay truly makes people happy. Jillian and other cosplayers are passionate about their craft. SMX Convention Center was filled with grandiose costumes and mechas, each with different themes. Thanks to the organizers of this event, especially to cosplay.ph for bringing this fun-filled experience to cosplayers and con-goers. 

Comments

Popular Posts