The Second Day of Pinoy Otaku Encore 2011



The first day of Pinoy Otaku Encore 2011 was a little laid back compare to what follows. Here now is my report for the second day! Yay! ^_^ I arrived early on November 27, 2011 in SM Megamall. Actually, I rarely go out on Sundays but this day was an exception. I have awaited this for 24 years of my life. And now, the time has finally arrived for my cosplay debut! :D

However, for this journal entry, I’m going to be a con-goer. It was not easy coming up with a report when you are cosplaying. But hey, I managed to bring it on, albeit poorly. So on with the event…

The crowd was a lot more than the first day. The event highlights happened on the second day, that’s why. There were K-pop Dance Contest, Battle of the Bands, and Cosplay Competition in the lineup. Of course, since I was also roaming around Megatrade Hall 3, I wasn’t able to cover all of these up close.

Fangirls and their deafening screams flooded the place when the K-pop Dance Contest started. Different groups danced and lip synched to their favorite idols on stage.

I had fun at the PUP Animerriage Booth! It was the noisiest place to be. A lot of people were enjoying there! I, too, got setup in there. Oh! Unfortunately, I was unable to take pictures! :( Does anyone have some of my pics?
The Animerriage Booth with two participants. :)
Readers of this blog are familiar that I always dedicate space for cosplayers. They are the heart of the event after all. So far, this event has the most pictures of cosplayers so far! Well, it is obvious that I had more fun than any other event, right? :)




Irene Mendoza as Kikyo 




as Sasuke from Naruto




 Reverie Metherlance 
as Kakashi from Naruto
as Naruto from Naruto Shippuden


Jillian Ongsip as Snow Miku






 Serreniethy Fionah Melgarejo as Haruhi Suzumiya

Nix Bennet as Haruhi Suzumiya














as Misty from Pokemon



Bhosxzloren Maranan as Haruhi Suzumiya



as Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura
as Lili from Tekken 








as Yami Yugi from Yugi-Oh!










Akatsuki Cosplay. JL Rochefort Lavarias as Konan
as Gunner Yuna and Rinoa
SHY CRUZ (Official FanPage) as Masane Amaha from Witchblade
Lot Labio Dolfo

as Naruto 
as Superman 

Yna Bisda as Kurama from Yuyu Hakusho
Nico Fressh as Naruto from Naruto Shippuden
And of course, it was my time to join in the creative spark. I cosplayed as Sakura Haruno from NarutoShippuden (read more here). Photo courtesy of Drinzster Studio.
Me as Sakura Haruno from Naruto Shippuden
My favorite cosplayer of the day is… me! Hahaha! Nah, just kidding! In every event, I choose a cosplayer who, in my opinion, stands out among the crowd. For this special day, I choose…her who cosplayed Shiori Tsuzuki. Her costume is well made and she is into character very well. 

I will forever remember this event in my life! Thank you to the cosplay community and to the NarutoCosplayers PH for organizing this event. You deserve its success! Till next cosplay! :)

Comments

David D'Angelo said…
Thanks for this article and watch out for Pinoy Otaku Encore Season 2 ---> https://www.facebook.com/events/103917189764124/?fref=ts
Angel Mariel said…
Thanks David! I'm looking forward to this event! :)

Popular Posts