Day Two of Otaku Expo 2012

Since December 2011, I have been waiting for Otaku Expo 2012. It was the first cosplay event that I attended for 2012. I chose to go on the second day (January 22, 2012 Sunday) as the individual cosplay competition was scheduled on that day. I wanted to be cosplayer/journalist/photographer on that day. But oh! I guess you can’t serve multiple masters at the same time. It was extremely hard for me because I go to events alone. Hmmm… but that is a story for another day.

For this event, I went as Sakura Haruno from Naruto Shippuden (and no, that is not the only costume that I have. Wehehehe ^_^). Photo courtesy of GENESIS.ph


As much as I wanted to cover the entirety of the event, I was only able to focus on cosplayers. I missed the Gundam Caravan (I WANT ANOTHER GUNDAM!), the toy exhibit, and the programs on stage. (T_T)

So let us go straight to the point. My camera is filled with cosplayers and I am proud of them. They are very inspiring.



as Naruto from Naruto Shippuden









Nana Aoi







 Rhianne Mheg F Cayanan as Konan from Naruto Shippuden
as Black Rock Shooter






















Valencia Ma'i


Nix Bennett (Official)



as Green Lantern


Yay! I saw another Sakura Haruno cosplayer! :) 

*Drum Roll* And my favorite cosplayer of the day is Serreniethy Fionah as Ezra Scarlet from Fairy Tail. Her costume is very detailed and her facial expression in this photo is very convincing. And admit it! She is cute! (^_^)

Sadly, it was getting late and I missed the cosplay catwalk. (T_T) I missed another opportunity to go up on stage. *sigh* 

Overall, I think this event was a success. Megatrade Hall 2 of SM Megamall was opened to accommodate the growing crowd. Hmmm... I guess otaku culture has taken a niche in the Philippines.

See you at the next con, everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts