Red Velvet Vixen at Cupcakes by Sonja

I looove sweets! Chocolate, ice cream, cakes -you name it! I was raised to be a sweet tooth! This quality of mine has gotten me to explore various food outlets. And when I say explore, I mean going there for the sake of... just eating. 


For this entry, I will share to you my passion for cupcakes. Cupcakes by Sonja has the best of this soft and tasty treat. Unfortunately for me, it is located in Serendra Piazza in Fort Bonifacio. It is way too far from where I'm at. Ah well, good food is worth the long wait and travel. (^_^)


It was just yesterday when I visited the store. Being a Saturday, the place was literally crowded by fellow cupcake patrons. But the array of yummy and colorful cupcakes on display will let you forget about the discomforts of the crowd. The store was based on the traditional cupcake store look: blue and pink striped wallpaper, chalkboard menu, and a cute cupboard display. 


The names of the cupcakes were as creative as their looks. There were Vanilla Sunshine, Lemon Drop, Chocolate Surprise, and a lot more. Their selection was so good that it was hard for me to choose. I was on queue for an order and most of the customers that came before me ordered this one cupcake that stood above all: the Red Velvet Vixen. 


That made my choice then. The cupcake, true to its name, was red. It was topped with a tasty cream cheese frosting and sprinkled with a dash of cocoa. I wondered what it tasted like. Being in red, I couldn't make it out. The cream cheese frosting had the feeling of mini sugar granules on every my every bite. Yum! 


The Red Velvet Vixen: Creativity on every bite! 
On the menu was written: Red Velvet Vixen: Traditional Southern Red Velvet cupcake made with Belgian cocoa and topped with luscious cream cheese icing. 


Ah so it was chocolate flavored after all! The Red Velvet Vixen completed my saccharine cravings for the day. On top of that, a portion of the price is donated to Red Cross. The cupcake is priced at PhP 75 (as of writing). What a great feeling! The sweet cupcake made me happy body and soul.


Cupcakes by Sonja has exceeded my expectations.  I will surely come back for more.


Ratings:
Taste: 5 out of 5 stars
Service: 3 out of 5 stars
Store Layout: 3 out of 5 stars
Overall: 4 out of 5 stars



Comments

Popular Posts