The Epic 5th PCC

The 5th Philippine Cosplay Convention was held in Robinson's Midtown Atrium. It was a grand event for otakus everywhere. Most of all, it was a free event! Furthermore, the booths had freebies! Hmmm..... and free is good! :P


The said event was held on March 3, 2012. I am not sure if this was a two-day event. But anyhow, I only attended day one. 
The crowd at the start of the event. Photo by GENESIS.ph
I arrived early and the first thing that I saw was the Gundam Caravan! Wheee~ My first freebie of the day! This time, Gundam Philippines offered the blue version of Gundam Astray. (read more).


Free photo prints were also given out by Eurotel. Sadly, they weren't able to spot me. *cries* Here is the print, on it is my friend Lot.


High Sierra Philippines also had a free photo booth for everyone! Sadly, I didn't get the chance to have one as well. But ah! Here are my friends on the photo. :)




Photos of the contestants from Cosplay Costume of the Year were on display. The winners were announced later on in the event.



Of course! Toys are a staple in otaku events! What is amazing in PCC was that the toys on display were made of paper:
Chibi Hatsune Miku

Pikachu! *Pika*

Snow Miku

One of the toy shelves on display.


What I like about this event, as a cosplayer, is the dressing room. It gave me the opportunity to interact more with fellow cosplayers. I saw again those who I know from previous events and I also made new friends. Being a newbie, this was a special case for me. I didn't know that kulitan exists between cosplayers. 


So, I went as Sakura Haruno of Naruto Shippuden. Again~~ Hey, I love Sakura. 
Me as Sakura Haruno. Photo by Reeve Felix  Castillo
While in cosplay, I also took shots of others. I love it when cosplayers look into my camera for a pose. It's easier to take photos this time around as I know some of them by name, or by face. 
as  Black Rock Shooter and White Rock Shooter

as Hanamichi Sakuragi and Kaede Rukawa



as Yuki Cross from Vampire Knight


as Sakura Kinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura

as Shrek
as Madoka

Cosplayer Nico Leo Arenzen

Cosplayer Mayden Kaye Ong




Cosplayer Aiah Akiyama


as Zatsune Miku


as Tifa Lockheart




Cosplayer Serreniethy Fionah as Haruhi Suzumiya

as Black Rock Shooter


Cosplayer Lot as Takagi Saya from High School of the Dead


Cosplayer Florenz Sumalinog




Aaaaargh! It's City Hunter! :)



as Warmachine 


Cosplayer Angel as Tifa Lockheart



Cosplayer Reeve Castillo as Zero from Vampire Knight










as Alisa from Tekken 6 BR


Cosplayer David Shen D'Angelo

Cosplayer Mika as Rune Knight

Cosplayer JL as Songstress Yuna

as Asuka Langley from Evangelion

Cyu Rinji as Amane Misa from Death Note

Loki Heart and friends cosplaying characters from Tora Dora


Cosplayer Shun Rakanis as a Grey Knight from Warhammer
My favorite cosplayer of the day is Serreniethy Fionah as Ezra Scarlet in Heaven's Wheel Armor from Fairy Tail. Her costume is well crafted and very detailed. My favorite part are the wings. It draws attention to her. She also projects the warrior personality that is Ezra. 




That sums up my otaku experience in PCC. The booths, cosplay, and most of all the FREEBIES made it all the more worth it. I'm so happy that I fulfilled three tasks for this. Me being a con-goer, cosplayer, and blogger. 


Watch out for my blog entry regarding my experience as a cosplayer in this event. :)

Comments

SadnezzHitori said…
I love this blog!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing this. :)
Anonymous said…
astig see you @ TAGCOM

Popular Posts