Booths and Toys at the 11th Philippine Toy Con

I made a promise to you guys that I would write about the toys at Toy Con 2012. So here it is! Yay! After my post last night about the cosplayers I saw at the event, I got excited and I am now dedicating this blog entry to the booths and toys. To read more about the cosplayers, click here


As I mentioned, I went to Day 3 of this exciting event. The photos that I will share are what I saw on display on June 17, 2012. 


The first booth that greeted me was the cute Clipper booth. The bubbly crew invited me for a photo op. :) Oooh! Those Rilakkuma stuff toys is really huggable! 



There was a huge spot dedicated  solely for merchandisers that sell otaku items, makeup, cosplay items, and much more.
The Chikara Hats booth

A bird's eye view of the merchants.

Freshgear also had items on sale up to 70% off. 
The Komik Kon booth was so much fun! I joined the piso raffle and I won a poster and fan. 

Now this is what I love! Booths about upcoming movies! I remember they had Harry Potter 7 on display last year. This time, there were G.I. Joe: Retaliation and The Dark Knight Rises.


G.I. Joe booth and figures on display. 
 I loved this! The Dark Knight Rises booth! They had the authentic Batsuit from The Dark Knight Rises. Read more about this by clicking here. You'll be surprised! 

Next stop is the Maxicollector booth. They had toys of high quality, which were also for sale. 









Life size busts of Bruce Lee and other characters.





Chisel Town also got my attention because of the well-made sculptures. They had true-to-life figures of characters and celebrities.


Another outstanding exhibitor is Philippine Outpost. They help other people while carrying the concept of Star Wars. 

Helms on display. 
 Works of comic artist Alfredo P. Alcala were on exhibit. Wow! And double wow! It's also Batman-themed! Love it! :)



This is my favorite. Love the cape-in-the-wind effect (or whatever it is called)
Just beside Alfredo P. Alcala's exhibit is a huge Voltes V. This made me nostalgic as this was one of the first anime that I watched. 


Now here comes the best part -The Toy Con Gallery! The place was separated from the booths, stage, and other happenings. It was in an isolated room saturated with yellow light, which gave the place a vintage feel. 

These are life-sized figures! 




























Phew! So many toys so little camera battery! Ah well! This year's Toy Con was a success! It offered cosplay,  toy collections, exhibits. and more. No wonder it has become one of the events anticipated by hobbyists every year!


Toy Con 2012 was held at SM Megamall Megatrade Halls 1, 2, and 3 at June 15, 16, 17, 2012.

Comments

Popular Posts