Cosplayers at the Philippine Toy Con 2012

Toy Con is more than toys! It is a haven of everything otaku-related. Toys (of course!). Anime Merchandise. Booths. Food. Gaming. And Cosplay! This year's event was held on June 16, 17, 18 at SM Megamall Megatrade Halls 1, 2, 3. I went there on Day 3 which had highlights like Group Cosplay, Game Girl Cosplay, and a performance from one of Philippine's best rock band Kamikazee.


I attended my first toy con last year. I was not yet into cosplay and I only had one blog post then. But this time, the event got better and I have more photos that one post is not enough. I will cover the cosplay segment of this grand event.


I went as Sakura Haruno of Naruto Shippuden. While in cosplay, I also took photos of cosplayers who were in the event. It always feels good to have others share a common passion for this craft. 


Me as Sakura Haruno. Photo by GENESIS.ph
It is not an easy task to cosplay, take pictures, and cover the event at the same time. But ah well! A determined person always finds a way. With that, here are my photos of some cosplayers who were there. I apologize if I were not able to take a snapshot of all cosplayers. 


Cosplayer Reverie. :)

Cosplayer Nyke of GENESIS.ph




as Sasuke of Naruto Shippuden

as Naruto of Naruto Shippuden



Cosplayer Reeve as Utaru from Saber Marionette J.


Cosplayer Jazminne Huang

Cosplayer Chie Topacio



Wow! A cute vocaloid couple! 



Cosplayer Bats Puyot





Look at his shoes! :)


as Killua of Hunter X Hunter




Cosplayer Jia Gold Bustamante as Shaiya Goddess of Light,

Cosplayer Schindlex as Lara Croft of Tomb Raider.

Cosplayer Lot as Baby Doll from Sucker Punch

Cosplayer Gaby Ortega as Thor. 




Cosplayer Serreniethy Fionah as Perona of One Piece.


I was so busy taking pictures of these wonderful people that I missed the happenings on the Toy Con stage. Fortunately, there was one that I was able to watch. Yup! You guessed it right! It was the Game Girl Cosplay Competition. 


What was amazing was the fact that participants were to catwalk on stage while Kamikazee was performing at the same time! Rock on!
Kamikazee on stage! 

Yup! That robot is a girl cosplayer!

Kamikazee surrounded by cosplayers.
Alodia Gosiengfiao was the guest judge of the Game Girl competition. After the catwalk, she had a short speech on stage. 


Alodia then went to her booth for a fan signing and photo op with her fans. This reminded me of last year's ToyCon too. I had my chance to have Alodia's autograph. 
Alodia, surrounded by photographers and fans.

A lucky fan with Alodia.

A closer look at Alodia's costume.


Well, that was what went on in this year's Toy Con with regards to cosplay. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to cover the Group Cosplay Competition. Maybe next year, then. 


Of course I haven't forgotten to choose my favorite cosplayer of the day. And it is... *drum roll*... Izabel Cortez as Infested Kerrigan. The craftsmanship is surreal! Look at all the detals! Everything is perfect! Izabel also put Kerrigan's personality in action. Her gaze says it all!


Izabel Cortez as Infested Kerrigan.


Surprisingly, Izabel Cortez was also my favorite cosplayer of the day at last year's Toy Con. She  went as Darth Talon and I didn't know her name back then. ^_^


Toy Con 2012 is amazing! Truth be told, it surpassed my expectations! It was not just cosplay! Watch out for my blog post about the toys and booths this week! (Added June 30, 2012: read more about the toys by clicking here.) 


My Toy Con 2012 stash.

Comments

Popular Posts