Globe WiMax Product Review

This post is so out of place here. This blog is about the things that I love to do. I really want to keep it at a positive aura. But not today. All thanks to our epic fail ISP: Globe WiMax. Now, I guess I would be in a hiatus here in my blog. Internet connection is so bad. Very bad!

As of this moment, I’m writing this in an internet cafĂ© because we don’t have internet connection at home for more three weeks and counting! Gosh! I am about to burst out my wits to madness! How will I keep this blog up and running?

So let me tell you the story of how we got Globe WiMax. My family and I really regret the decision we made seven months ago.

A Globe salesman offered us the product at a certain discount and free installation. Of course, since it was cheaper than our previous ISP, we accepted the offer. And then all hell started! The installation was free, but we had to wait for five weeks for the technician to come to our house and wire it. During those five weeks we had to constantly follow up Globe sales but all they tell us is it is already being processed.

So once we had this fail ISP installed, I was happy that I could finally surf and be updated online. But crap! The 1 mbps promise was just lip service! Internet is so slow! Turtle speed even! Oh! I’m sorry I didn’t read it correctly! Globe said “UP TO 1 mbps”. What a safe statement, but please, at least give us 80% to 90% of what you have promised!

Even technicians confirm that the signal here in our area is weak! You know this got me thinking, for sure Globe knows which areas have good or bad signal. What frustrates me more is that their salesmen still continue to sell the product in areas where bad signal is located. Where is the common sense of these people? Don’t offer the product if it does not work, got it? Don’t fool people just to make a sale! 

The service is intermittent and changes in the weather affect the signal so badly. Yeah I know all about the technicalities of that now. A lot of technicians have come to fix the antenna every after rainy days or windy days. This problem is always happening during the past seven months.  With the unfortunate twist of fate, the southwest monsoon brought bad weather for the past few weeks, so Globe Wi-Max does not give us internet connection for three weeks and counting!

We call in a lot of times but the call center agents always say the same scripts: Globe is currently fixing the cell site/ Globe is continually improving its services/ Yadaa yadaa… Different agents answer the call but they say the same thing.

I have observed how fancy their advertisements are. Don’t buy globe! Even if you like their endorsers such as Georgina Wilson, Danica Magpantay, Alodia Gosiengfiao, Sarah Geronimo, Vice Ganda, or any other celebrity. If only Globe is wise enough to use the money for their endorsers to fund for a better service!

Greatness does not start with Globe!

The only thing worth resisting here is subscribing to Globe! 

My way? I just want to terminate Globe! But they won't allow it!
My message is clear:  DO NOT BELIEVE ANY CRAP GLOBE TELLS YOU!)

And the worst part is… Globe won't give in to our request of terminating the service because we are still in the lock-in period.  The termination fee is PhP7,000. That means six more excruciating months with Globe!  Geez… how dare these Globe people steal money from our pockets in exchange for crappy service!  Argh! I hate Globe so much I want to change my number! I guess it won’t be long now. I don’t want any Globe products in my house!

Globe is a total waste of money! I repeat: DON'T BUY IT! You will just regret it. Globe Wi-Max: This is one product I would LOVE to HATE!

Comments

Gabe Crowley said…
DSL connection is the best and more stable. We have pldtmydsl (wired), so I bought a router to get wifi around the house. A bit pricey unlike globe but it's stable and rarely has connection problems. Been using it for 5 years.
Angel Mariel said…
Hi The Chosen One! Yup, I've learned that the hard way. When it comes to home connections, wired ones are the best choice. We switched to a different ISP now. Still more pricey than globe but it's better. Thanks for dropping by :)
Anonymous said…
try bayan dsl. mabilis yung internet nila. pero i don't promote their cust. service. karamihan kc sa mga ahente nila bobo and bastos kausap. but the dsl issue is the best. try it if you want 1,299 monthly. internet na yan and landline..
Angel Mariel said…
Hi there! I think it will all depend on the area talaga. Thank you for the suggestion. As of now, I'm still on the hunt for the best ISP here in my area :)

Popular Posts