Welcome to Your District!: The Hunger Games Blu-Ray, DVD, & VCD Launch

Happy Hunger Games! Recently, I have become a Hunger Games fan. It all started with the movie. It so good! The plot. The special effects. The actors and actress. Everything! You can read my The Hunger Games Movie Review by clicking here

My fascination with Katniss, Peeta, and the country of Panem grew when I read the books. Honestly, you will read in  my movie review that I wasn't impressed at first. But after watching the movie and having known the plot, I have decided to give the books a chance. It was a blessing in disguise as we had no internet connection at home due our epic fail ISP. It gave me time to read. The Hunger Games book presented a good story with a plot that entails socio-political aspects. At last! A popular book with substance! Watch out for my book review of the trilogy soon! 

So back to the topic... The Hunger Games home video is now available on DVD and Blu-Ray. The launching was held on August 25, 2012 at SM Megamall Event Center. Lots of Hunger Games fans came to this much awaited event!


The ticket for the event. :)
Of course, Blu-Rays, DVDs, and VCDs were available for sale. I like the special edition Blu-Ray or DVD which included a functional box with the officially licensed mockingjay pendant (though I wished it were a pin instead). 
Blu-Ray and DVD on sale with a preview on the right side. :)

More stuff for sale. :) 
And my favorite part! The entrance to the event! It was so totally Hunger Games as it was written: Welcome to your District! 
The grand entrance! 
The Stage!

Previews from the Home Video were played at the stage. Other than that activities from different booths provided the Hunger Games fever as we know it!

Feel like Katniss in the Archery Booth!

Madamme takes her turn on being the archer.
The Capitol Look A-Like is my favorite as I got the chance to don on costumes! I like cosplay and I just couldn't resist! The girls at the booth were very accommodating as they helped me with my hair, makeup, and clothes. 
Look at all those props!

My version of the Capitol look! Is it near the Effie Trinket look?
 Lastly, there was the District ID booth. The first 150 buyers of the Hunger Games home video got a customized District 12 ID. Sorry fellow Tributes, I don't have a photo of it or of the booth as it was the busiest one.

On stage, the programs consisted of Scavenger Hunt, Best Character Dress Up, and raffles! Yay! 
Contestants of the Scavenger Hunt battle it out.
Here are my photos of a few Katniss Everdeen cosplayers, lead by the event Katniss Ms. Tza Gomez of Cloud Nine cosplay group.


Ms. Kat Gomez as Katniss (movie version)

 as Katniss (book version)

as Katniss (movie version) :)

also as Katniss (movie version- training outfit)
My day was made complete as I won a T-Shirt from Pioneer Blu-Ray and DVD players. I went home right away to enjoy my Hunger Games loot: 


I won this keychain at the Archery Booth.

The free poster.

I bought the Special Edition DVD box worth PhP1595

The DVD.

I just love this mockingjay pendant!

And hey! There is an archery coupon inside!

My Hunger Games Loot! 

It's my first ever Hunger Games event! I hope to be part of more! Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favor! 

Comments

Popular Posts