The Best of Anime 2012: Cosplayers Galore

The cosplayers of the Best of Anime 2012 filled the room with much excitement! The costumes ranged from the simple school girl uniform to the complicated mecha. By the way, this event was held in SMX Convention Center on Sept. 15-16, 2012. I attended Day Two (Sept. 16) as I had another appointment with Belle de Jour on the 15th. Well, an active lifestyle does good! 

Back to the topic... the Best of Anime 2012 had a lot of booths and activities for everybody! Read my previous post here. This blog entry is specially dedicated to the cosplayers. There were a lot who attended. Some I know personally, and others I saw for the first time. The popularity of cosplay really went up this year!

As promised, here are the photos I took that drained the battery of my camera:


Cosplayer Mayden Ong





Cosplayer David Shen D'Angelo as Mr. Pogi

Cosplayer Reeve Castillo as Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji.




Cosplayer Ralph Patrick Villaluz






Cosplayer Zhykrys Sevastra as Bulma from Dragon Ball.












Cosplayer Serreniethy Fionah as Gundam Girl Aegis from Gundam Seed.



Cosplayer Ira Orduna 


Cosplayer Rb Cheng as Burning Gundam.


Cosplayer Gaby Ortega as Marguerite of One Piece




Here are a couple of photos I had with some cosplayers:



***Drum Roll*** My favorite cosplayer of the day is...

Cosplayer Ken Lim as Law of Tekken.

...Ken Lim as Marshall Law of Tekken. He proves that you don't have to be in a mecha armor to portray a great cosplay. His facial expression, action pose, and his costume, albeit simple, is very detailed and accurate. 

These cosplayers completed my day! Ah! But what is an otaku event without cosplay eh? I'm proud to say that this year's Best of Anime was well attended by anime and cosplay fans. It was a surefire success!


Comments

Popular Posts