Cosplay Mania 2012 Day 2

Cosplay Mania 2011 garnered the most views among all of my posts here in my blog. It was truly exciting and if not, the most awaited event of 2011. Much of the hype last year still lives on as Cosplay Mania 2012 became one of the successful events on the year! I went on Day 2 (Sept. 30, 2012) of Cosplay Mania '12 at SMX Convention Center. 

The ticket and the Cosplay Mania strap. :)
With the ever growing popularity of cosplay in the Philippines, I expected that a lot of people, cosplayers, con-goers, and photographers, would come to this event. Truth is, the number was so overwhelming! I didn't have space to move around properly. The venue was divided into three: the free area, Function Room 4 for exhibitors and booths, and Function Room 5 for cosplay contests and stage performances. But no matter where you go, every space is filled with people!

I went as my ever character Sakura Haruno of Naruto Shippuden. It was my first time attending Cosplay Mania as a cosplayer. I had fun meeting my cosplayer friends! I really love this hobby!
Me as Sakura Haruno of Naruto Shippuden. Photo by Rico Angeles
Enjoying the event with my friends. Photo by Maricor.
I'm a cosplayer with a camera! Photo by Joseph Patrich Bonaobra
Celebrity cosplayers and guests were also there. International cosplayers who graced the event are Reika, Kaname, and Jesuke. Unfortunately, due to overwhelming crowds, I wasn't able to get a nice picture of them. *Sad*Cries* 


They were that far! (>_<)
Moving on... I didn't give up and tried to get closer. But.. this was all I could muster...(T_T) *cries again*


Reika and Kaname as judges for the group cosplay competition. So near yet so far!

Since this was Cosplay Mania, I decided to save my camera's batteries for cosplayers. Here they are:






Cosplayer Knievel Rosaroso as Naruto 







Cosplayer Lot as Green Hornet


Cosplayer  Mayden Ong as Shirahoshi of One Piece



Cosplayer Shaoron Tan





Cosplayer Beru as Alice in Wonderland





Cosplayer Ralph Patrick Villaluz as Piers from Golden Sun





My friend Maricor. 

Monique Dimanlig as a Geisha
Cosplayer Reeve Castillo as Sebastian from Black Butler




Cosplayer Mari Chii Perez

Cosplayer JL Lavarias 

Cosplayer Don Robert as Tony Stark 












My favorite cosplayer of the day is...*drum roll*... Schindlex as Katarina from League of Legends! 

She perfected the role as Katarina! Every detail of her costume is accurate. Her poses are awesome, just take a look at her stance at the above photo. My favorite part of her cosplay is her makeup! That scar on the left eye is convincing! 

Cosplay and more cosplay! That pretty much summed up my unforgettable Cosplay Mania '12 experience. I'm still having that post-event excitement. However, if I there is one more thing I wish for... it is for Kaname and Reika to come back to the Philippines! ***I want a photo with them!***

Kaname and Reika. Photo by Reika

Comments

Unknown said…
Nice cosmania shots! :D I was there too. Check out my blog and let's follow each other's cosplay blog <3 ayumilovescosplay.blogspot.com
Angel Mariel said…
Thanks Ayumi! :) Will follow your blog too! :)

Popular Posts