Craving for more J.Co Donuts

It is a common scenario when you see a J.Co store serving a long queue. In fact, that is the sole reason why I haven't tried this raved about donut in such a long time. Patience is not one of my virtues. But my cousin brought a dozen of J.Co donuts home, and it was the first time to have tried it. Woah! I was so impressed by the play of flavors that I just had to be have the patience to visit a store!

I had my first J.Co Donuts from this bunch. Photo by karadeniese
I visited the J.Co branch in SM Megamall. Its location was hard to find. You have to go to Mega B and then, when you see a BDO branch, go out of the air-conditioned mall interior to get there. The place is called "The Strip", as it is lined with various restaurants.  

J.Co store at SM Megamall's The Strip
I went there at 11 AM, and the queue was already long! I waited in line trying to keep myself busy by observing the people and the place! But it was the free, yes free, yogurt sample that the J.Co staff gave away which won my patience! Yay! I didn't know they serve yogurt too! It was yummy! Sour, yes, but not too creamy. The chocolate cereal topping added that much loved sweetness.

The J.Co Yogurt sample. :) 
I finished the yogurt just in time for my turn to order. I chose one of the bestsellers, Alcapone (PhP42), as I wasn't able to try it in my cousin's bunch. But it was still a long way to the payment counter! However, the wonderful view was enough entertainment:

From left: Choconuttzy, Berry Spears, and Don Mochino.

From left: Crunchy Crunchy, Funilla Glaze, and Glazzy.

From left: Why Nut, Green Tease, and Choconuttzy.

I ordered my Alcapone for dine-in. The place was nice! The play of orange, brown and yellow color of the interior contribute to a relaxing coffee shop atmosphere. Despite the high volume of people coming in, the place was not noisy as I thought it would. 

Now, time to get lost to my Alcapone! Actually, when I was on queue earlier on, I feared that they would run out of this. Almost everyone orders it! Thankfully, the J.Co crew had a lot of refills!

This donut is named Alcapone.
So here is my take on this beloved donut: it is glazed with white Belgian chocolate topped with almonds. The donut texture is very soft, which exaggerates the hardness of the almonds. The glaze is creamy and milky sweet with a hint of caramel. The overall sweetness is just right that I could eat it without the help of water! The flavor doesn't stay long on the tongue so it makes you crave for more! 

Ah yes! Time is definitely faster when you're having fun. I enjoyed eating Alcapone that it was gone in a snap! One is surely not enough. Better get two donuts for dine-in. Else, you would have to go back on queue again! 

Or you could take home the top six bestsellers (PhP230) and enjoy J.Co donuts with your family and friends...

The top six bestsellers.
So if before I wondered, why all these J.Co hype? Now it is clearly justified!


Comments

Popular Posts