My Chouhou Gundam

I am so excited to write about the latest addition to my Gundam collection! This time, I got it from the Gundam Caravan Booth last Best of Anime 2012! It was a fun-filled event full of cosplayers and various booths

This time, we were given the Chouhou Gundam to setup. Uhm, I'm not sure if there is another name for this Gundam. However, the Katakana characters read as "Chouhou", so let me stick with that. 

The box of Chouhou Gundam.

Hey! This one is new! Other than the manual for setting up, there is also comics inside the box. Wow! It is great as I will get to know more about this Gundam! But time was of the essence, so I decided to move on with building and detailing and set aside reading for later.

Comics inside the Chouhou Gundam box.

So let us start with the steps in setting up. Here are the photos:
We start off with the feet

Then the head was next. Putting stickers on is hard, you know.

Of course, we need the torso to connect the head and the limbs.

Yup. Just a bit more...

We start the armor with the helmet.

Putting all the pieces together...
There. That completes the 'building' part. However, the next crucial part is 'detailing'. It is about marking, in black ink, parts of the Gundam to make it more beautiful. It is the details determine the winner. 

The Gundam Marker.
 Off topic: There was this set of Gundam Markers on exhibit! Wow! Look at those... 
A Set of Gundam Markers.

Here is the photo of my Gundam which I built and detailed. Honestly, my unsteady hands made it hard for me to make excellent details. So I opted to make simple ones.

My finished Chouhou Gundam.
I was so thrilled and happy to see my Gundam took its place in the 'stage'...
There were 100 participants who joined the contest.
Unfortunately, it was not yet my time to shine. But when I saw that Gundam Philippines was giving medals to the winner, I felt inspired. A rush of 'ganbarimasu' went through me! Well,  I now have motivation to do better next time. 

Medals for the winners. Here shown is for the first place (Gold).
Congratulations to those who won! I don't have pictures of them. *Sob* I will try my best to have more photos next time! So as a participant, I was able to bring my Chouhou Gundam home. That alone was enough to make me feel a winner!


Comments

Popular Posts