Otaku Expo 2013 -Cosplayers and Toys

Otaku Expo 2013 was the first event that I attended for the year 2013. It was held last January 26, 2013 in SM Megamall Megatrade Hall 1. Though a fateful day for us cosplayers, I still consider this event a success. 


My Otaku Expo ticket.
I am still thankful for this day because I was finally able to debut my Rei Ayanami cosplay. She is my second character in my cosplay portfolio. Rei is a character from the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion


Me as Rei Ayanami. Photo by Reeve Castillo.
The event had the usual booths: merchant booths, food kiosks, and gaming booths. My favorite one is the toy display area by Team Onii-chan!. Here are a few photos:


The figure toy display.

Yay! I also found a Rei Ayanami figure!


Now this! I like Linkin Park 


Asuka Langley Soryu of Neon Genesis Evangelion.



Despite what happened, I was able to spent some time with my cosplayer friends, had a short photo shoot, and met new people who never fail to impress me with their creativity. Here are my photos of cosplayers:


Cosplayer Reeve Castillo as Fushimi of Project K.

Cosplayer Knievel Rosaroso as Naruto of Naruto Shippuden.





...as Neko of Project K.


....as Hatsune Miku.

....as Cloud Strife.







....as Lili of Tekken.



...as Kyo Kusanagi of King of Fighters.







Cosplay is not just for anime. This guy came in as Zayn Malik of One Direction!


...as Kakashi of Naruto Shippuden.

...as Noctis Lucis Caelum of Final Fantasy.

...as Mario Brothers.








Cosplayer Kristell Lim as Ada Wong.




....as Sakura Haruno of Naruto.


My favorite cosplayer of the day is Jerome Velarde as Vega of Street Fighter. His costume is very detailed and he poses well! The sculpt of his body is close to the character of Vega, as well.


Jerome Velarde as Vega.
I love cosplay and this makes me see the positive side of yesterday. This hobby will always be a source of inspiration to me, no matter how many people try to spread malicious information involving it. If needed, I will become as strong as the characters I cosplay to defend it. 

Comments

Popular Posts