[Review] Kiehl's Actively Correcting and Beautifying BB Cream

Kiehl's has always been a hit among beauty bloggers. I have read nothing but positive reviews about this brand. Finally, it's my turn to rave! I grabbed the chance to have my previous BB Cream swapped for Kiehl's. Truth be told, I doubted whether it would be worth it to exchange my PhP700+ BB Cream for a 5mL sample. But now, it turned out to be better by a mile! I never regret it! 

The 5mL BB Cream sample from Kiehl's.
I used the Actively Correcting and Beautifying BB Cream for nine straight days now. I'm pretty sure I will continue using it until the sample is used up. It's that good! I didn't expect much from this product because BB creams only conceal, right? So I didn't take any before photos of myself.

The product's appearance is a opaque light brown liquid. I had the one in Light shade so maybe it will differ with Fair and Natural colors. The consistency is fluid enough and I didn't have a hard time spreading it on my skin. My experience: it blended with my skin perfectly! Here are some swatches:

Swatches of Kiehl's BB Cream.
What I like most is the fact that the product doesn't feel heavy on my face at all. Unlike most BB Creams in the market, this one didn't have the pearly-dewy sheen effect. It only gave me a smooth powdery finish. I like it that way, actually. 

Let me say that again... BB creams only conceal, right? Not with this Kiehl's BB Cream! The results were visible after only five days of my continuous usage. True to its name, it really does correct skin discoloration. It cleared up my blemishes, too! And most all, it firmed up my skin! I can skip my anti-aging serum on this one! 

As for some disadvantages, this BB cream smells like wax or crayons. It is very prominent when you open the bottle. The odor is a turn off, actually. That was one of the reasons why I didn't believe in this product at first. But don't worry, the smell goes away after application. Other than that, I have oily skin but the product didn't give me sebum control. 

However, the positive results outweigh the negative ones by far! Ah well, even if I didn't have a before photo, I do have an after photo to share with you. I have noticed that my skin clarified and blemishes disappeared. This one was taken after nine days of regular application of Kiehl's BB cream:

Angel Mariel wearing Kiehl's BB Cream.
The full 30mL bottle of this product costs PhP1,995. It's expensive, I know. But I like this product so much that I will save up for this! Besides, the 5mL sample is still far from being empty! LOL!

The 30mL full sized bottle. Photo taken from Kiehl's Manila FB Page.

Kiehl's Actively Correcting and Beautifying BB Cream is effective! It did well beyond my expectations. This BB cream is the one for me! I will try my best to get used to the waxy odor but I hope that Kiehl's can improve on it. The product works and I have become a fan! Now I know why Kiehl's is a hit among beauty bloggers. It's because their products deliver! 


Comments

Popular Posts