I Don't Have Time?

I didn't really expect to hear myself say, "I don't have time".  It is what grown ups say, those people who have given up life's little happiness for money. Maybe I have become a grown up... because I am not happy. 

But what is time? Isn't it a bunch of numbers on a circular frame? 

A bunch on numbers on a frame. Photo source.
Time doesn't exist... it's just man who tried to measure the things around him. Time is but a matter of perspective. It is a product of man's efforts to put everything in order: wake up at 6, eat lunch at 12, sleep at 8. 

In this crazy world, people are all about money. Time is money.  I wonder who came up with that crap! Time is not money! Money is about you waiting for the perfect time and striking at the opportunity! It is not rushing. It is not striking carelessly. 

Ah~ But the world likes to be fast and be competitive. Important things like love and compassion are forgotten. Friends, family, everyone becomes a competitor... and thus an enemy. 

People forget about helping each other and working together. People become impatient because of the mindset that everything should be done instantly. People become cold towards others and they treat them as a thing. If you have no use for their success, then you are nobody. 

It seems that time becomes out of control when you get older. I won't be surprise if one day, we will buy time, just like how clean water is sold nowadays. 

And ah~ here I am stuck in the crossroads of my philosophies. I am compelled to live in this world but I am a human person. I don't see competitors, I see friends. As always, I am a 'pasaway' (a person who doesn't follow orders). And if someone were to rate me on how I live in this world, on it is written DOES NOT CONFORM. 

So what does a non-conformist do? Enjoy life! Go home early! Go out during weekends! I will not stop living a life. I have to find a way to be happy... and to be able to stop myself from saying, "I don't have time". 

I have to hold time in my hands.


Comments

Popular Posts