[Review] Sweet Recipe Baby Choux Base from Etude House

I have have been learning and exploring about makeup ever since I started cosplaying. The world of makeup is so vast! Colors, shades, hues, skin type... Who knew it would be so complicated! However, I like the little discoveries I make in every step. Slow, yes, but I am getting there. 

After attending beauty workshops, I leaned about makeup bases or primers. It claims to make your skin flawless-looking and keeps your makeup in place. Popular cosplayers raved about primers in their blogs, too. So I thought, "Why not just try it out, then?"

Since I like Korean cosmetics, the store that came to mind as I hunt for makeup bases is Etude House. When I went there, the SA happily assisted me. When I asked for a primer that would go best with my oily face and skin color, she recommended that I have the Baby Choux Base in Berry (#02). I trusted her without questions and bought one right away!


Sweet Recipe Baby Choux Base in Berry (PhP628.00)
Ah~ So you've noticed that the packaging is so cute, eh? Yep! It does not only look good, it smells good, too! The scent is more like a mixture of fruits, berries and sweet candy. Yum! But oh, don't eat it! 


The product comes in the form of a cream.
The product comes in cream form. I find that it easily spreads on the skin, too. Take note: only a small amount is needed on application. When I used this for the first time, I took about a centimeter of cream. As a result, I ended up white-faced and I had to wipe the excess cream with a tissue paper. LOL! 


You only need a tiny amount of cream for your face.
The product blended well with my skin! After spreading, it looked invisible but I could feel it covering my face. Here are a few swatches:


Upon application: cream is all opaque.

Tadah! It disappeared and made my skin lighter!
While using this Baby Choux Base, I noticed that I didn't need to put on a lot of foundation for coverage. This product already corrected my skin's imperfections first hand. Also, makeup application became so easy! The colors stuck easily to my face and it stayed there for a long time. 

It gave me an extra blush. Researching about it online, I found out that Berry Choux goes well for pale skin because it enhances color. In truth, it gave me that doll-like glow. It seems that I have found the secret to cosplayers' flawless look, then. They were right, primers really work like magic! 


When worn... see the doll-like glow.
I have oily skin but with this product, my face didn't look shiny after 2 hours. Or even afterwards, the shine wasn't as offensive as before. Plus, the makeup colors were still there, unlike without a makeup base. 

Baby Choux Base is a great product from Etude House! I will definitely buy another once this runs out. Since only a small amount is needed for each application, I know that one jar will last for a long time! Talk about value for money! This is one piece of magic that will definitely be part of my makeup routine from now on! 


Comments

Unknown said…
I have this in Peach and it's really good! Does this make your face look really pink or just the right amount of pinkish glow? I'd like to try this shade too ^_____^ By the way, I'm your new follower! Yay! Please follow me as well :>

www.majoriezoleta.blogspot.com
Angel Mariel said…
Hi Majorie! Thanks for dropping by! I will visit your blog, too! :)
Angel Mariel said…
And oh... this makeup base just gives the right amount of pinkish glow on my skin. I like the results of it. :)
Unknown said…
Yay! I'm glad to know that. I think I'll get this shade once Etude House PH starts their 20% sale! Thank you ♥

Popular Posts