[Review] Bono Artisanal Gelato

Dieting cannot stop me from eating my favorites! I absolutely love food. I adore it much more than shoes and bags. However, being on a diet program does make me aware of the food I eat. It helps me make choices on what to eat or avoid. 

Me? Oh I am a kid at heart and I love ice cream. Roaming around the metro, I found Bono Artisanal Gelato. I know gelatos are healthier versions of ice cream as it has less air and fat. However, the price is more expensive than what your PhP20 can buy. 

I found Bono Artisanal Gelato branch in SM Makati. The store is located on the third floor near the bridgeway to Glorietta. The place is so creatively designed and well lit. The wallpapers were cute and informative. They told of how gelato is healthy and some numbers to support it. Cool. 

The staff were very friendly too. I was in the queue and they happily asked my order. Unlike other gelato parlors, you can’t see the gelato on display. Theirs is sealed in a special refrigerator (called Pozatto cabinets) to ensure that the gelato is kept chilled and fresh at constant temperature. Since I couldn’t see it, there wasn’t any bias on my choice. I just looked at their menu board and said. Double Cup: Speculoos and Red Velvet. It cost me PhP200. What did I tell you? It is times ten than your PhP20 ice cream. Haha~

The girl on the gelato side nodded and told me that my order will be served later on. So I looked around and chose the seat nearest to the…. Laboratorio! Wow! The place actually had a laboratory where they make all the gelato fresh. A man in a lab gown was there and I could see him concocting using all those weird machines. Awesome! 

A few minutes later, my order was served with a smile from the staff. I was so happily surprised when I saw how creative the presentation is. The Red Velvet scoop was on the bottom and the Speculoos scoop was on top. Both were perfectly round in shape. Plus, it was topped with a crispy biscuit waffle! It looked so good I didn’t want to destroy it! 


One creative cup from Bono Artisanal Gelato
Then I started to dig in. I got Speculoos because I haven’t tried it before. It tasted just like the local Hany chocnut, only a little harder. Red Velvet tasted just like the cupcake with real cheese in it, too! Both have the creamiest consistency I have seen in a in a gelato. I could feel that it had less air and  was filled with that thick gelato goodness. The flavors are very concentrated in every bite. It’s so cold and sweetened just right. Eating this made me feel classy. Haha~ Make sure you buy water too. It can irritate the throat after some time. 


Yummy perfect circles bursting with flavor! 
Looking at those informative wallpapers, I saw that their gelato is 4-8% butterfat. Uhm, can that cut on calories, too?



Comments

chris said…
Hello from France
I am very happy to welcome you
Your blog has been accepted in Asia Philippines N° 649 a minute!

PLEASE IMPERATIVE !
Registration for the "Directory" blog, are free.
We only ask you to follow the blog. Thank you for your understanding
Following our blog will gives you twice as many possibilities of visits to your blog!

On the right side, in the "green list", you will find all the countries and if you click them, you will find the names of blogs from that Country.
Invite your friends to join us in the "directory"!
The creation of this new blog "directory" allows a rapprochement between different countries, a knowledge of different cultures and a sharing of different traditions, passions, fashion, paintings, crafts, cooking,
photography and poetry. So you will be able to find in different countries other people with passions similar to your ones.
We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world.
The more people will join, the more opportunities everyone will have. And yes, I confess, I need people to know this blog!
You are in some way the Ambassador of this blog in your Country.
This is not a personal blog, I created it for all to enjoy.
SO, you also have to make it known to your contacts and friends in your blog domain: the success of this blog depends on all Participants.
So, during your next comments with your friends, ask them to come in the 'Directory' by writing in your comments:
*** I am in the directory come join me! ***
You want this directory to become more important? Help me to make it grow up!
Your blog is in the list Asia Philippines N° 649 and I hope this list will grow very quickly
Regards
Chris
We ask that you follow our blog and place a badge of your choice on your blog, in order to introduce the "directory" to your friends.
http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/09/06/12090603083012502810288938.gif
http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/19/120319072128505749603643.gif
http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/07/12/12071211040212502810092867.gif
http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/28/120328020518505749640557.gif
http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/15/1203150723211250289584870.png
http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/09/21/12092110155912502810343002.gif

If you want me to know the blog of your friends, send me their urls which allows a special badge in the list of your country
I see that you know many people in your country, you can try to get them in the directory?
Please! Actively support the "Directory" by making known to your friends! Thank you! "Unity is strength"
Not need an invitation to join the Directory. Any person who makes the request is entered
WE ASK YOU TO FOLLOW OUR BLOG "DIRECTORY"

New on the site
Last news of "Directory Blogspot" "
Soon we will award the best Fashion blog and Makeup, crafts, cooking, paintings
The Competition is open

Ranking of Countries
Invite your friends know made ??
the website to raise your ranking in the Country



Emily said…
Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing^^ x
Angel Mariel said…
Thanks for visiting, guys. I will visit your blogs, too :)

Popular Posts