Otaku Expo 2011


This year’s Otaku Expo was held in SM Megamall Megatrade Hall 3. September 3-4 marked the date for yet another round of otaku madness revolving around cosplay, video games, manga, and anime. I went there on the first day only. The downside of the event was the venue, Megatrade Hall 3 was so packed that some cosplayers and photographers opted to stay at the mall lobby instead.  These are the photos of cosplayers that day.










































  
There were also toys on display. Here a couple of shots that I took.

  
Other than cosplay, I was delighted to join the Gundam Model Kit Caravan booth! I was thrilled to be given the opportunity to assemble my own Gundam and join the contest!
  
While I was working on my Gundam, the anime trivia and K-pop dance contest started on stage. I was able to get a sneak peek of the dancers, but the crowd was developing so bad that I decided to go home instead.
But before I end this article, let me share my pick of the best cosplayer of the event. I chose... this girl as Alisa Bosconovich of Tekken 6 BR! Her costume is accurate and I love the hair! :)

Comments

Mikey said…
Great coverage! I also thought that the Alisa cosplayer did a great job on her costume. Too bad I wasn't able to get a solo photo of her.

Popular Posts