Vanilla Sunshine on a Cloudy Day

My Vanilla Sunshine
"I've got Vanilla Sunshine on a cloudy day." That song played in my mind when I saw my Vanilla Sunshine cupcake served elegantly on my table. What coincidence since it was a cloudy day too!


I had the chance to drop by Serendra last June 28 for the BDJ Get Gorgeous event. After the workshop, I went to Cupcakes by Sonja to have taste of some of their great creations. 


As always, numerous creative cupcakes were in line at the store. All of them looked sumptuous and sported unique names. I had a hard time choosing which one to buy. I saw Red Velvet Vixen, and remembered how unforgettable that was! However, I wanted to try a new variant this time. 


With the suggestion of the crew girl named April, I bought Vanilla Sunshine. According to her, it is also one of their bestsellers. I can attest to that! I saw mugs and tumblers on display with Vanilla Sunshine print! 


Few minutes later, April served my cupcake with pink frosting, though I also saw blue and brown colored frosting in the counter. I am not sure if they tasted different from each other. But no worries! I like pink! 


Vanilla Sunshine's taste reminded me of my mom's homemade cakes! It was the classic cupcake of all sorts -simple but outstanding among the others. The flavor has the hint of vanilla in the cake mixture. The sweet sugary frosting was very soft and there are no traces of hard sugar forming in it. Its taste was close to bubblegum and peppermint. I think the mint flavor came from the white sprinkles. However, the sweetness of sugar still overpowers everything. Overall, the cake is not sweet but the frosting offsets it. 


I enjoyed every moment of the cupcake! It was yummy and too cute to be eaten! It was very nostalgic! This place really feels like home! 


Vanilla Sunshine costs PhP54 (as of writing).

Comments

Popular Posts