What is a Face Mask?

Even if I love cosmetics, there is still one product in the market that I am not yet fully aware of. Face Mask. What is it? And what is it used for?

My collection of face masks.
The photo shown above is my collection of face masks. The Essence Mask Vitamin A on the upper left is from Etude House and I bought that to complete a purchase requirement for a BDJ coupon. The Pearl Extract Mask on the center is also from Etude House, which I got from a BDJ Rendevous as a giveaway. The upper right Royal Jelly Mask (also form Etude House) was given by my colleagues who visited Korea. The bottom left Lettuce and Cucumber Essence Mask from Skin Food was also given by a friend. I acquired the Lemon Face Mask with Kim Hyun Joong print from The Face Shop Club 20 VIP membership

These masks just piled up in my drawer. Well, that was until I saw Kaika's video on YouTube about skin care for cosplayers. Kaika is a Singaporean cosplayer and I follow her blog at http://thecosplaychronicles.blogspot.com/  She mentioned using face masks the night before a cosplay event for better skin condition. See the video below:




I am so happy to know that my growing collection of face masks can help me attain a good skin for cosplay! It is something that is really of use to me since I just started out from this hobby. 

After seeing that video, I tried putting on masks twice this week. The first one that I used was the Essence Mask Vitamin A from Etude House. It left my skin moisturized and smooth. The effect of it was so powerful and it left me impressed.

The second one that I tried was the Lemon Face Mask from The Face Shop. It had a different feel on my skin and it dried a little after 30 minutes. However, when I removed the mask, I saw a layer of dirt on the linen where my face was! Imagine all that chunk of dirt was on my face! Afterwards, my skin became bright and radiant! 

These two face masks gave out different result. I guess this cosmetic product also has specific functions that treat skin according to its needs. Face masks give the skin an instant boost, may it be hydration, cleansing, or brightening.. Hmmm... I'm suddenly curious at what the other face masks in my collection do.


Comments

Popular Posts